List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror Future
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-10-19 10:28:50

On Sunday 19 October 2008 11:20:53 Julian Bäume wrote:
> Moin,
>
> On Sunday 19 October 2008 01:20:14 Mario Young wrote:
> > 2008/10/17 Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org>:
> > > The killer feature extension for me on Firefox is Firebug. Will the
> > > plugin interface make it possible or even stimulate creating something
> > > like that?
> > >
> > > I would love to see something like that in Konqueror.
> >
> > Something like Firebug for Konqueror will be great.. I think many
> > people still using firefox for the many plugins
> > (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/)  the have.
>

> I totally agree here. I used konqueror to develop web-pages for a very long
> time just because it is damn fast compared to Firefox ;) Since I do more
> stuff with JavaScript, I use Firefox more and more.

If Konqueror switches to WebKit from KHTML it should be really easy to
implement Web Inspector - part of WebKit useful for web development. More on
the CSS and style side than firebug is.

Screenshot for web inspector in Arora - the QT Webkit demo browser.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/icefox/AroraScreenshots#5231439838670741538