List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fix for kfilewidget.cpp
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-10-18 0:13:12

On Friday 17 October 2008, David Boosalis wrote:
> Rafael.
> Maybe some one more intimate with kword can address this issue.  I've seen
> this problem for sometime with koffice in SVN and that's why I peaked a
> little under the covers to see what it is the matter.  Eventually they have
> to address it, or maybe it's just my system and this is all a mute point.
Nope it's not just your system, well, at least I have heard other people
having crash in kfilewidget at startup.

As for the fancy things we do:

    m_fileWidget = new KFileWidget(KUrl("kfiledialog:///OpenDialog"), this);
    m_fileWidget->setOperationMode(KFileWidget::Opening);
    m_fileWidget->setFilter(mimeFilter.join(" "));
    layout->addWidget(m_fileWidget, 0, 0, 1, -1);

and later:

    m_fileWidget->accept();
    emit openExistingUrl(m_fileWidget->selectedUrl());

Could it be the "kfiledialog:///OpenDialog" that triggers a problem ? (no idea
what it is suppose to mean, all I can say is that we have been using that
start url for more than 3 years now ;) )

--
Cyrille Berger