List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fix for kfilewidget.cpp
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-10-17 9:56:03

On 16.10.08 21:39:12, David Boosalis wrote:
> HI KKDE maintainers.

Slightly wrong mailinglist, kde-core-devel is better for code that lives in
kdelibs.

> The change that fixes is to apply checks for null pointers in
> KFileWidget::showEvent().  I don't know what these pointers are, and perhaps
> it is an error in koffice applications, but a simple check as shown below
> does catch the error and allow kword to come up.

Well, maybe the author of the code expects those member to be always
non-null, which means that there's an error elsewhere that needs to be
found and fixed.

Looking through the code in kfilewidget, neither the d member nor the
d->ops member can possibly be null. Both are created inside the
constructore of KFileWidget and both are deleted inside the destructor of
KFileWidget/KFileWidgetPrivate and nowhere else. So the only option left is
that koffice uses KFileWidget in a wrong way, or your builds are wrong
(meaning should remove install and builddir and start building from
scratch).

Andreas

--
Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)