List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Statusbar trouble
From:       "Parker Coates" <parker.coates () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-16 19:18:32

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 14:50, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> my statusbar is away. More in detail: My (= KDiamond's) main window is a
> KXmlGuiWindow. Since some time, the statusbar is always invisible on startup.
> I did think at first that it was my mistake since I recently moved statusbar
> handling to a separate class in trunk which I'm also running, but now this
> issue has also been reported in the 4.1 branch. The affected files are:
>
> {trunk/KDE,branches/KDE/4.1}/kdegames/kdiamond/src/mainwindow.cpp
>
> I tried to move code around in my MainWindow constructor (esp. setupGUI() and
> statusBar()->insertPermanentItem() calls) as it might be that I just arranged
> them in the wrong order, but nothing helped. As this problem does also appear
> (at least for me) in KNetWalk trunk, this could even be a KXMLGUI bug.

Hello Stefan,

A while back, I noticed this same issue in KNetWalk. I fixed it in
revision 867509. [1] In that case, the issue simply caused by adding
items to the statusbar before calling setupGUI(). But from your email,
it sounds like you've already tried that.

I realise this probably isn't very helpful, but I thought I'd share it
just in case it is.

Parker

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegames/knetwalk/src/mainwindow.cpp?r1=867509&r2=867508&pathrev=867509