List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Text overlaps with close buttons in ktabbar
From:       "ruben vandamme" <vandammeru () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-15 22:02:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

In a KDE4 program, I have a tabbar with some long texts in it as labels.
If the window (and its tabs) is too small to fit all the text, all the
labels are cut off as it should.
However this text then overlaps with the close button creating a somewhat
ugly "effect".

These are the settings I use:

  // Create the tabs bar
  tabBar_ = new KTabBar( this );
  tabBar_->setElideMode( Qt::ElideRight );
  tabBar_->setDrawBase( false );
  tabBar_->setUsesScrollButtons( false );
  tabBar_->setHoverCloseButton( true );
  tabBar_->setHoverCloseButtonDelayed( true );

Is there some way I can set an extra offset at the right side of each tab,
so no text is drawn on top of the close button?
Or is this some visual/drawing bug in ktabbar?

Thanks

Ruben