List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Various spellchecking related crashes in 4.1.2
From:       Romain <romainguinot () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-13 13:09:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I migrated to KDE 4.1.2 yesterday with the Fedora 4.1.2
updates-testing-newkey packages.
As a full KDE user (Konqueror, KMail, Kopete, ...), i'm running into a lot
of what i think are spellchecking-related crashes today.

Kopete would crash when entering some sentences, KMail would crash whenever
i tried to reply or forward to a mail (not writing a new one), and Konqueror
would crash whenever i try to reply to a forum post.

I'm traced the problem with gdb with these various apps, and always crash on
something similar to this :

warning: the debug information found in
"/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/kde4/kspell_enchant.so.debug" does not match
"/usr/lib/kde4/kspell_enchant.so" (CRC mismatch).
Enchant dict for "fr" 0x9c2a3d0

I assume the problem is sonnet-related, since editing
.kde/share/config/sonnetrc , and setting backgroundCheckerEnabled=false seem
to have helped since KMail and Kopete no longer crash, and i do not seem the
red "waves" in KMail or Kopete when writing.

However, the problem is still present in Konqueror, spellchecking is still
enabled.

Does this make sense ? is there a way to completely disable spellchecking in
all of KDE in 4.1.2 ?

This a major problem for anyone using the full suite ...

Many thanks,
Romain.