List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems compiling kdelibs
From:       Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-13 2:11:59

Edwin Schepers wrote:
> /install/kde4/kdelibs/kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/dummyanalyzers.cpp:44:
> error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual char
> DummyEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&, Strigi::InputStream*)'
>
> /opt/kde4/include/strigi/streamendanalyzer.h:37: error: overriding
> ‘virtual signed char
> Strigi::StreamEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&,
> Strigi::InputStream*)'

I had a similar problem, found a work around and then forgot all about
it. Strigi is detected in two ways. First is via pkgconfig, the result
of which is only used for the version check. Second is some other method
(which I don't recall right now) which is then used for path
assignments. On my system, pkgconfig was finding the locally compiled
version whereas the second method was finding the distro-installed
binaries. I worked around it by setting all three vars below.

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=$KDEDIR/include
export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib

Not sure if you are having the same issue. Perhaps somebody that
understands cmake will see this and know what the correct fix is.

--
Jason Stubbs