On Friday 26 September 2008, Robert Zwerus wrote:
> Hey people
>
> I'd like to use kdesvn-build and Eclipse together. Unfortunately, Eclipse
> makes working with out-of-source builds a bit harder than necessary, so I
> opt for in-source builds.
>
> I added support for it to the kdesvn-build script, a patch against the
> current SVN version is attached.
>
> When it's okay with you, I'd like to commit it.

Robert,

I see you emailed me about the patch, I apologize for not having time to look at it.

But first I'd like to ask you to test the following setting for the build-dir option:

build-dir ${source-dir}

This should set the build-dir to whatever the source-dir is for that module (even if you only make this change in your global options). My testing seems to show that this will only work if you use a source-dir of ~/foo/bar or /foo/bar (and not simply foo/bar).

I'd like to avoid patching if possible, especially if this solution works (especially since I don't think it seems to much of a hack, situations like this is why I added support for ${option-name} in the config file)

Regards,
- Michael Pyne