List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Dolphin and the toolbars
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-09-23 13:56:47

On Tuesday, 23. September 2008 15:28:46 Tinti wrote:
> Is that dificult to fix? Can I try?

For sure it would be great if you can try, but it is not as trivial as I
initially thought. The problem is that the layout of the Information Panel
must be adjusted dynamically dependent whether it is aligned on top or \
bottom  (-> horizontal layout required) or whether it is aligned on the \
left or right  (-> vertical layout required like it is done now). The major \
problem I faced  when trying to fix this is that there seems to be no hook \
from Qt to know on  which area the dock will get aligned. This information \
must be already  available during dragging the dock to specify a correct \
size hint...

> Where is the TODO list?

It's an internal TODO list just for myself to keep an overview about
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=& \
long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&product=dolphin&bug_status=UNCONFIR \
MED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=crit \
ical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=n \
ormal&bug_severity=minor&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&emailassigned_to1= \
1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2 \
=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname= \
 and
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=& \
long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&product=dolphin&bug_status=UNCONFIR \
MED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=wish \
list&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substri \
ng&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substr \
ing&email2=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=

Best regards,
Peter