I'm not expecting anyone to spend time on what may not be a kde problem as such, but I'm really curious as to whether it is. I have one box running Fedora 9 and this one running opensuse 11 updated to KDE 4.1.1. On both computers I have gkrellm running on the lower-right corner of the screen. On both computers the bottom box (eth00) is totally transparent. The light-grey border is there, but that's all - the background shows through.

I first saw this on the Fedora box when it was still 4.0, though Mandriva's 4.0 didn't have the problem.

Any ideas?

Anne