List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs 4.1 kio/strigi errors
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-09-20 14:06:28

Kurt Hindenburg wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org
> <mailto:thiago@kde.org>> wrote:
>
>     Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
>      >Real issue is with kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/dummyanalyers.cpp: 44: error
>      >conflicting return type specified for 'virtual signed char
>      >DummyEndAnalyers::analyze()
>      >
>      >/usr/include/strigi/streamendanalyzer.h: 37
>      >
>      >I have strigi-0.5.10 installed.
>
>     rm CMakeCache.txt and try again.
>
>     Make sure you do not have strigi 0.6.0 somewhere, which might be
>     conflicting.
>
> I've rebuilt from scratch several times.  I think the issue is that
> 4.1/kdesupport/strigi has a different version.
>
> That one has virtual char analyze() while my system's strigi 0.5.10 has
> virtual signed char

Are you building Strigi from source?  See my instructions:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/LFS#Strigi

The current release is 0.5.10 download the tarball from SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=171000&package_id=195322&release_id=603698

DO NOT use the KDE SVN repository for Strigi, it has not been fixed yet.

--
JRT