List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KRunner not behaving properly
From:       Dario Freddi <drf54321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-15 22:10:48

Hello everyone,

I'm writing this mail for some issues I found in KRunner by developing (and
using PowerDevil).

The first one, it's the one I care the most about: in the DBus interface
org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver, the method getSessionIdleTime() simply doesn't
work, and always returns 0. This issue forced me to do a ugly hack in
PowerDevil, hence the dependency on libxss. Having this function work properly
would really help in sorting out this dependency (and hack).

The second one, it's about suspension. I have provided, through PowerDevil
DBus interface, a suspend() method, guess what it does? :) Anyway, when
calling it through qdbusviewer everything works as a charm, but using it
through KRunner results in keyboard and mouse becoming unusable, and the PC
not suspending. This has to be related to KRunner since calling it from
anywhere else works.

Last but not least, calling Lock() on the screensaver interface sometimes
fails.

I think this is enough, I'd be happy to help providing patches or whatever,
though I wanted to hear some opinions first.

Cheers,
Dario