List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4 and nvidia -> strange panel effects?
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2008-09-10 21:55:26

Am Wednesday 10 September 2008 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> as you are running 173.14.12, there are better drivers available:
> http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=829
ermmm... just for the records:
the article links the 177.67 driver which has been (silently...) cancelled and
replaced by 177.68 due to some issues (an my personal experience says that
173.14.12 / stable is ways faster on a 7600gt - whether on Render or GL)

> while not a magic bullet solution, i also find that picking hardware with
> Free software drivers helps. something to keep in mind for future purchases
> perhaps =)
just that compared to amd and nVidia, intel has no GPU, but a just
pixelmanagment chip... ;-P

Thomas