List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mailody question
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2008-09-08 10:40:56

On Monday 08 September 2008 08:20:12 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, Kevin.  So basically, kmail continues to be the
> the application for reading mail if you don't want a server, at least for
> the time being.  POP3 with akonadi will come, but not yet.  OK - that's
> what I'll tell people when the questions come.
Just to expand (further :-)): there are mail providers (e.g. some ISPs, gmail,
a lot of internal company servers) that allow you to choose between POP3 and
IMAP, or force use of IMAP.

So Mailody might be an option for some people (they can choose between KMail
and Mailody) depending on their situation. You may not need to set up the
whole IMAP server yourself.

There is a bit of information for gmail users at
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725

Sorry to have complicated the situation a bit.

Brad