List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mailody question
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-08 10:03:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 08 September 2008 10:52:45 Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> On Monday 08 September 2008 11:33:50 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Could someone please give me a clear definition of what this would mean
> > to the average POP3 downloading user, who just reads his mail currently
> > in kmail?
>
> It means you need to install an imap server, download messages for your
> mail account by pop3 to it and then use Mailody to read your mail on your
> own imap server.
>
> Kind of tricky and not even necessary (IMHO). Kmail works just fine for me!

Most users neither want nor need a server, since they only have one PC or
laptop.  We have been led to believe that a new mail application using
akonadi was the solution to many of the problems of kmail.  Where does this
leave us?  If kmail can't use akonadi and mailody can't be used without a
mail server, what is the average user going to do?

I really hope that someone has a solution to this, because there's going to be
a lot of grief on the lists if there isn't one.

Anne