List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Wiki build instructions for KDE-4.1 BRANCH
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-04 23:32:32

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> It would be nice of others could update the dependencies for their
> distro to show the requirements for 4.0 & 4.1 and then add them to the
> section for 4.x:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4.x#Required_packages_from_your_distribution

Hi,

I started writing the dependencies for each KDE module here including
optional and recommended:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Kubuntu_and_Debian

It's a bit out of date now as other authors have just added more packages to
the shortcut line rather than specify which module needs it.

I'm sure this information must be written in some document somewhere though?
On the kde-packagers@ list maybe? The way I put the above together was to
start with a clean sheet and take note of what cmake told me to install.

Any pointers, or can we put this information in a better place
(trunk/${MODULE}/prerequisites.txt maybe)?

Steve.