i have no problem with integrating with knotify and all, however i want to get the code working how i originally envisioned first. i have reached this point now i believe, so i will be looking at knotify to see about integrating my work, which hopefully shouldn't be too hard :) the application is actually pretty much now just for testing the library which i have made ( called KOSDWidget ), and is designed for integration into other applications. however i will probably have to extend knotify to be able to pass me extra data, particularly including progress bar level's ( min, current, max ), time to show ( i think knotify already does this ) if i am to add my work to knotify at all. bcooksley On 8/30/08, John Tapsell wrote: > 2008/8/26 Olivier Goffart : >> Le mardi 26 août 2008, Ben Cooksley a écrit : >>> hi, >>> >>> in the process of developing my application kdisplay ( which is >>> designed to allow applications to display osd's by communicating via >>> dbus ) i created a companion library where all the osd functionality >>> now lives ( not the dbus or multi osd functionality, strictly the >>> functionality you would use in a osd ) which is called kosdwidget. i >>> would like to know which module would be most appropriate for this to >>> go in, taking into account the fact that the api is likely to be >>> expanded / changed as it grows. >> >> >> Is that a replacement for KPassivePopup? >> >> What is the difference with KNotification? >> Maybe KNotify could use it to display popup? > > I would second this. > > Ben - I know that you have written your app and everything, and it's > always nice to have your own app that you control, but please consider > just simply extending knotify. That will allow me to use this > functionality in any problem by using Settings->Configure > Notifications and choosing an OSD popup there. Having a separate > app would not fit into this nicely at all. > > JohnFlux > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe >>> << > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<