List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build instructions on KDE TechBase for 4.x release or BRANCH
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-08-29 19:48:10

Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2008 14:56:02 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Tom Albers wrote:
>>> The release team is considering making two tags which contain the
>>> stuff (kdesupport parts) you need for KDE stable and trunk. Can we wait
>>> for that to happen before discussing this even more? The idea is that
>>> you can check out that tag and have all the right versions.
>> ...and will simply building the latest trunk/kdesupport still work, I hope?
>>
> The whole point will be to stop using trunk/kdesupport.  That's where
> the development takes place.  We should be building only against
> stable external packages.

Meh, but then I have to worry about *upgrading* them ;-). Right now I
just build the latest rev. of the whole enchilada. (And it's a LOT more
convenient to have one kdesupport than phonon+plasma+strigi+automoc+...)

Besides, for those willing to do it, I'd think it's better to have more
people banging on head before release cycles kick in, no?

--
Matthew
This message is non-smoking