List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Konqueror HTTPS through proxy
From:       Romain GUINOT <romainguinot () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-27 19:23:09

Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> On Segunda 25 Agosto 2008 15:54:53 Romain wrote:
>
>> I might be dumb but i cannot get any SSL-enabled IOSlave to work through
>> proxies in KDE 4.1.00!
>>

> I have been testing this for a while. I cannot reproduce this problem with KDE
> 4.1.60 (trunk).
>
> My proxy doesn't authenticate, though.

Hi ,
It seems to be a Konq/DNS related issue as putting the IP address of any
HTTPS (or WebDAVS for example) Website in /etc/hosts "fixes" to problem
for Konqueror.
What is weird is that Firefox does not need any that and resolves
everything correctly on the same system.

I also found this very old bug report (2001!) that reported similar
issues but the problem what lack of GUI configuration so i don't think
it's related unless Konqueror somehow ignores the setting for httpsProxy...

Are you aware of any correction of similar issues between 4.1.00 and
trunk  ?

Thanks,
Romain.