On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:27 AM, David Jarvie <djarvie@kde.org> wrote:
On Wednesday 27 August 2008 11:07, Rob C wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm interested in finding out why the hardware buttons on my laptop won't
> control sounds or applications in KDE4. They seem to work in KDE3 and
> Gnome for that matter.
>
> I'm off this week and I'd like to have a stab at fixing this, before I
> start
> to look into researching this  I'd like to know if their is a specific
> road block here or if its already in-hand by someone else :-)

As it happens, this subject is currently being discussed on the
kde-core-devel mailing list - see the two threads under the heading of
"Resurrecting KMilo" or similar.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.

Thanks David, I'm reading through the archives now and trying to come up with some sort of a summary