List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help: "Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries"
From:       "Guillaume Pothier" <gpothier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-26 21:14:15

The output of dolphin with LD_DEBUG=files is attached.
Note that in the mean time I reinstalled the system-provided qt4
libraries, but I did not recompile kde since then, so the error I get
when running dolphin is different now:

gpothier@tadzim kdesvn$ dolphin
dolphin: symbol lookup error:
/home/gpothier/devel/kde/lib/libkdeui.so.5: undefined symbol:
_ZNK19QStyledItemDelegate12createEditorEP7QWidgetRK20QStyleOptionViewItemRK11QModelIndex

Thanks for helping out Thiago!
I had a quick look at the kdesupport svn log and did not see any
commit message that says something about the build system (but I
looked only at commit messages not at which files were modified, as I
don't know where to look at...)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org> wrote:
> Guillaume Pothier wrote:
>>ldd on libkdecore looks normal:
>
> Ok. Then do:
>
> LD_DEBUG=files dolphin
>
> I guess the error comes from a kdesupport library that does not set RPATH
> like KDE apps do (probably Soprano or Strigi)
> --
>   Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
>     PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>     E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

["lddolphin" (application/octet-stream)]