List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: which module would be most appropriate for my library?
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2008-08-26 8:59:39

Op dinsdag 26 augustus 2008 10:41 schreef u:
> sorry that i didn't make it clear.
> i think that i am ready to move from development stage 1 to stage 2,
> as i have had relatively few problems and all the kinks are ( as far
> as i know ) worked out.
> i was asking so that i would know what is the most appropriate sub
> section to move to in
> kde-review/
>
> thanks,
> bcooksley
>
> On 8/26/08, Tom Albers <tomalbers@kde.nl> wrote:
> > Op dinsdag 26 augustus 2008 09:18 schreef u:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > in the process of developing my application kdisplay ( which is
> > > designed to allow applications to display osd's by communicating via
> > > dbus ) i created a companion library where all the osd functionality
> > > now lives ( not the dbus or multi osd functionality, strictly the
> > > functionality you would use in a osd ) which is called kosdwidget. i
> > > would like to know which module would be most appropriate for this to
> > > go in, taking into account the fact that the api is likely to be
> > > expanded / changed as it grows.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > >
> > > bcooksley

> > playground/libs probably
> >
> > Toma
> > [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines

Please don't top post.

You indicated that you want the api to change in the future. That means you can not \
go to kdelibs for now. Also when you want to go to kdelibs, you would need at least \
two applications that use that library. Another option is to go to extragear/libs of \
course, but that's a less convenient place for libraries.

So, I would still suggest to import it in playground, stabalize the API, convince two \
application to use the widget and then apply for inclusion in kdelibs.

Best,

Toma