List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror HTTPS through proxy
From:       Romain <romainguinot () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-25 13:54:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi ,

I might be dumb but i cannot get any SSL-enabled IOSlave to work through
proxies in KDE 4.1.00!
Accessing HTTPS websites such as GMail through Konqueror works fine when i'm
directly connected to the internet (for example at
home), but it doesn't when going through a proxy at work. In that case
Konqueror says "Unknown host" even though my proxy config is
fine, and i can access without problems with Firefox and the same proxy
config.

It doesn't work either when accessing an SSL-enabled WebDAV share with
Webdavs IOSlave for example.
Konq says it can load OpenSSL successfully in the config test.

Anyone aware of similar issues ?

I'm using Fedora 9 with KDE 4.1.
I have tested through various distributions, and various proxies, none work
:(
This is a rather serious problem IMHO...

Thanks,