List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: upload-to-imageshack for ksnapshot
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-19 17:36:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 17 August 2008, Benjamin Adler wrote:
> I've created a patch for KSnapshot, adding a "Upload to Imageshack"-button.

we're very set against adding Yet More Buttons to KSnapshot. as you can see
later in this thread people started asking for yet other options; besides
uploading some people want image editting, filtering, etc ... soon KSnapshot
becomes Krita+Digikam with snapshot capabilities. that's not the goal or
purpose of KSnapshot, and certainly not the path to a nice GUI.

so ... how do we get what you want in there? well, this is why we added the
"Open with.." button. right now it only shows applications, but this could
(should, imho) be extended further to show other actions as well such as
"Upload to Imageshack".

these other actions could be either hardcoded in (though i'm not a fan of that
personally), based on .desktop files like konqi servicemenus (even using those
directly?) or scripts (using Kross?) to give it amarok-like ability to be
scripted.

the latter is my favourite concept.

> Its my first patch for KDE, so I have no idea how this is usually
> handled...

usually you just send the patch to a mailing list and/or the maintainer. so ..
you did ok =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se