List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: upload-to-imageshack for ksnapshot
From:       Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-18 13:50:23

On Monday 18 August 2008 15:11:29 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> > >This sounds really cool, this would automate my biggest KSnapshot
> > > use-case. Are there any other image-hosters which offer a similar
> > > service? It might be worth it to let the user choose amongst them.
> >
> > I agree - VERY cool - but if we look at such things, how about a function
> > to autoupload to gallery2 ? I would love to set aside an album for
> > screenshots, and just click-and-upload from ksnapshot without having to
> > manually do it after the fact.
> >
> > I specifically mention gallery2 since it's probably the most widely used
> > FOSS gallery program, and by supporting it, we can support ALL the sites
> > which use it, users should just be able to enter their gallery2
> > credentials.
>
> This then sounds like a more general image-upload functionality which might
> be useful to other programs like digikam as well. Has anything been done
> before in that direction?

kipi-plugins can probably do that! I'm working in kde4-porting galleryexport
plugin.
Hope I can let it work properly as soon as possible.
Next issue we think about is creating a unique "export layer/interface"
(flickr, picasaweb, gallery2 and..?).
My suggestion is apply that patch for now and substitute with / integrate in
kipi when new plugin is ready.

Anyway, just my 2 cents..

--
Andrea Diamantini
MAIL: adjam7_AT_gmail_DOT_com

tadarattadara tattą tatatatatą tadarattadara tattą tattattattattą..
(me, taking a shower...)