List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "-reverse" has drawing issues here
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-08-05 18:41:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag 05 August 2008 19:29:22 schrieb Carsten Niehaus:
> I marked the bug with two red arrows. Obviously the code is the same in
> both cases, to be honest I have not the slightest idea how this
> reverse-magic works.

As I do also have to bother with LTR vs. RTL currently, I can say that the
basic technique is if (QApplication::isLeftToRight()) { ... } else { ... }

There are other solutions dependent on your situation. For example, if you're
drawing in a list view or similar, the delegate gives you option parameters
which include a LTR/RTL hint. Such code is
at /trunk/extragear/utils/yakuake/app/config/skinlistdelegate.cpp, for
example. That should also give you an idea how to handle this whole thing. (I
wonder why the heights etc. change in RTL, that should not be the case.)

Stefan