List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cleaning up of b.k.o.: policy for apps orphaned long ago
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-05 16:14:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 14:46:21 Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> 2008/8/5 Michael Pyne <mpyne@purinchu.net>:
> > On Monday 04 August 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > I don't think we should retain old bugs either but can they actually be
> > deleted? I thought they could basically only be marked as
> > RESOLVED/FIXED/SOMETHING with hackery in the DB itself.
>
> Why not just mark them as RESOLVED-WONTFIX?

Pardon me for butting in on a thread that barely concerns me :-)

Marking bugs as 'wontfix' may be logical, but it is seen very negatively by
users.  May I suggest that George's idea of 'UNMAINTAINED' would do the same
job but seem much less negative?

I so think this small change would go a long way to stamping out one
common 'beef' :-)

Anne