List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeplasma-addons does not build (boost related)
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-08-04 12:28:30

On 03.08.08 12:59:45, Stephan Johach wrote:
> Hi Andreas!
>
> Am Samstag 02 August 2008, 20:34:13 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > It is set - at least the cmake code sets it. I'll have a try with a
> > boost in a non-standard location, but will take a bit.
>
> I wonder why I should have it in a non standard location. I can not remember
> doing something special when installing it from source.
>
> I have boost headers installed in
>
> /usr/include/boost-1_34_0/.

So you have /usr/include/boost-1_34_0/boost/config.hpp?

> > Whats the output of make VERBOSE=1 and whats the content of
> > CMakeCache.txt?
>
> CMakeCache.txt is appended.
>
> This is the output with make VERBOSE=1. Looks like there's no boost include dir in the compiler
> options set. Also in CMakeCache.txt there's no reference to boost. I also get no warning about
> "boost not found" when running cmake. I only runs into this error during compile time.

This is confusing. I don't see how Boost_FOUND could be set to true in
your case when Boost isn't found. And if its not true the osnews
dataengine shouldn't be built at all.

The reason that there's no message about boost not being found is that
kdeplasma-addons doesn't use the proper macro's to do that.

Andreas

--
You will attract cultured and artistic people to your home.