List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Lost in colors
From:       Xavier Vello <xavier.vello () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-03 20:39:36

Hello

Been away for some time. Thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply.

Le Thursday 24 July 2008 01:28:56 Matthew Woehlke, vous avez écrit :
> > but I'm really lost with KColorScheme, never getting the color I want.
> Could you please elaborate on this (or better yet, suggest where the doc
> could be improved)?

About the documentation : maybe the KColorSheme intro should mention KCU::tint
and explain some colors aren't set but have to be calculated. I searched for a
list hover color in this class because it's, IMHO, a basic color you find
everywhere.

> >   - the background color of a hovered element of a list
> Hover color is KCS(state, set).decoration(KCS::HoverColor), for hover
> effect see how it's done in konq/dolphin. Basically, you want to look at
> KColorUtils::mix or KCU::tint. Note that KCS currently generates
> backgrounds by the formula special=KCU::tint(bgNormal, fgSpecial, 0.4);
> that might work for you.

Thanks on this. KCU::tint(view.background().color(),
view.decoration(KCS::HoverColor).color(), 0.4) looks fine.

--
Xavier Vello