List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: automoc4 from kde4.1 binary packages for Mandriva
From:       "Louai Al-Khanji" <louai.khanji () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-31 7:17:48

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Paul B <happysmileman@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I installed kde4.1 binary packges for mandriva 2008 Spring from
>> http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=stable/4.1.0/Mandriva/
>>
>> I installed all kdebase and devel packages, including cmake 2.6.
>>
>> automoc4 is present in /opt/kde4/bin and the desktop runs fine.
>>
>> But when I cmake a project (namely extragear-graphics), it fails with
>> "CMake Error: Did not find automoc4 (part of kdesupport)."
>>
>> Well, everything needed seems to be installed and accessible. So, I don't
>> understand what is happening.
>
> Exact same problem for me on Kubuntu Hardy, automoc4 is in my path but
> cmake doesn't find it

I ran into the same issue several months ago, when automoc was moved
to kdesupport. Basically, automoc needs to be in the prefix you
install into, or at least that was the issue at the time. I tried to
argue that this makes no sense, unsuccessfully...

So try this:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4/bin

- Louai