@matthew: i was looking for kcolor, thanks for that information, it should be most useful @aaron: yes where the parent is 0, my code is attached to the original email. i have been banging my head into that brick wall for a day at least now regarding paintEvent() ben cooksley On 7/31/08, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Ben Cooksley wrote: >> I have struck a bug in qt that does not allow any new qwidgets that >> are parents to themselves, > > you mean widgets where parent() == 0? > >> to have a subclassed paintEvent(). they use >> the default paintEvent() instead of my version. > > this works just fine ... > >> my paintEvent() does work for the main widget which was created when i >> subclassed QWidget > > hm. i'd have to see an example of the code, but i'm going to guess something > is going wrong in there. > > -- > Aaron J. Seigo > humru othro a kohnu se > GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43 > > KDE core developer sponsored by Trolltech > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<