List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kicker patches committed for KDE 3.5.10
From:       Benoit Minisini <gambas () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-07-30 22:30:21

Hi,

I have committed almost all my kicker patches.

As Aaron told me:

- I took care about the indentation.

- I tested them by switching panel orientation, panel size, widget theme,
widget colors, icon themes, by switching between transparent, picture and
plain background. I have compiz to try yet.

- I tested the system tray with KDE applications, Gnome application, pure GTK+
applications and pure QT applications.

- I didn't change the behaviour of panels that can be covered by windows.

- I kept the one pixel border of panels having a background image.

- I didn't commit the regexp filter option for browsing buttons, as it is a
new feature.

All my patches are bug fixes, except a few ones. The bug fixes are for:

- The transparency management of panels, buttons and many applets: minipager,
taskbar, system tray, clock applet, weather applet, quick launcher, media
applet.

- The behaviour of the panel when it has scroll buttons regarding to
transparency and drag & drop.

- The 'add applet' dialog.

- The layout algorithm of the quick launcher applet.

- The antialiased analog clock, that was drawn with an incorrect pen width.

The other patches change the look or the behaviour of kicker:

- Kicker now restarts automatically if the widget theme changes.

- Themed arrow buttons are used in applet handles, panel scroll buttons, and
system tray instead of custom code in each place.

- The panel background is refreshed during a button or applet move.

- The two pixel margin before an applet handle was removed.

- The mini pager now draws the desktop names with a shadow in transparent
mode.

I found other bugs with panels while testing, but I have no idea how to fix
them. I don't think this is dramatic. :-)

I have the following pending patches than I can commit too, but I wanted to
ask Aaron first:

- I replaced buttons in the lockout applet by SimpleButton, for consistency
reasons.

- When panels have a background image that are colorized according to the
global palette, its border is colored the same way, so that you don't have a
gray border on a globally blue image for example.

- I made an antialiased eyes applet, by following the same algorithm as the
clock applet.

- When the panel is locked, the "configure panel" menu entry is hidden. I
changed that so that this entry is hidden only if it has been disabled by
KIOSK.

So if you could tell me if my patches are ok, and which pending patches can be
committed, that will be cool.

I won't be in front of my computer next week. Tell me if I will have time to
check the transparency of the other applets.

Regards,

--
Benoit Minisini