List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Synchronization software for KDE
From:       "Pascal Bach" <pasci.bach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 17:09:39

Hi,

I currently searching for the best way of doing synchronization of
contacts, mails etc. But I don't know what's the solution under KDE.

I found Kitchensync which is based on OpenSync. But as far as I can
say the progress of OpenSync is not visible to me (please correct me
if I'm wrong).

I recently stumbled upon Conduit (http://www.conduit-project.org/)
which is a synchronization software from the gnome folks. It looks
very promising and there is a lot of progress going on. I already
talked to the developers about KDE integration. From what they have
told me and what I have seen from the source code myself it should be
possible. The product is written in python an they are working on
adding some abstraction to make the whole thing more portable.

Is there any interest or necessity to add some KDE specific stuff to
Conduit? Cause I think it would be nice to have a common backend for
synchronization.

Thanks for your comments on this topic.

Regards

Pascal

PS. Sadly the name Konduit is already taken ;-)