List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Res: KPackageKit and Shaman working together?
From:       dantti85-pk () yahoo ! com ! br
Date:       2008-07-25 16:27:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Just to clarify the naming: QPackageKit is the first effort to bring PackageKit Ui to \
Kde desktop, it was develop just by Adien Bustany, then i appeared and we joined \
forces, i think we didn\t use any of it's code but i prefered to call it
KPackageKit since the ui was going to integrate with Kde and also uses a bounch of \
kdelibs, Adrien most efforts were on the libpackagekit-qt, he knew packagekit much \
better than i and he created an excelent lib, this way i developing the ui could \
point what the lib should have... Now Shaman or any other project can use the lib and \
make a new ui... I think that the main point about KPackageKit is it nice integration \
with system settings and some other stuff that aren't ready yet. as i said i would \
like to KPackageKit be  only a PackageKit ui (also the official), and no plugin \
stuff...

Shaman imho is a very nice project that aims to be a super package manager, and
i like it but for end users i think that the simplier ui the easy for then, package
installing is already hard...
Joining forces is just a metter of objectives they want more power i want simplicity.
At the end the user can choose, or just have both :D

Btw i don't know if they are already using the lib, cause i make some changes, we
would like some feedback too if you have some wish for the lib :D

Daniel.