2008/7/12 Michael Leupold : > - OpenGL mode: Shared Memory I don't think enabling shared memory is such a good idea, performance wise. Shared memory is rarely a good idea, since almost all machines these days have dedicated video memory (making shared memory between xserver and x apps pointless) and is fairly incompatible with XRender anyway. (XRender disables whole chunks of functionality from the shared extension). Even on systems with host memory being used for video memory, I don't think shared memory would help. John >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<