On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Michael Leupold wrote: > Hi there, > > so far I've been reluctant to use KDE4 as my main desktop because the > performance was pretty sloppy due to my nvidia 8600 GTS. Fortunately I've > stumbled on some instructions on how to improve performance using those cards > [1]: > 1) Install the latest nvidia beta driver (currently 177.13) > 2) Set the following options: > $ nvidia-settings -a InitialPixmapPlacement=2 -a GlyphCache=1 > I just want to warn others with card from series 7. I fallowed the same steps as for cards from series 8 and I experienced serious problems with high temperature. Responsiveness improved with latest (not stable) drivers but I wouldn't say it is worth taking risk like that. -- Grzegorz Kamola >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<