List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4 and the nvidia driver
From:       Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-07-13 0:55:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 12 July 2008 23:51:14 Michael Leupold wrote:
> 1) Install the latest nvidia beta driver (currently 177.13)

Well... I've read this at nvidia forums and tried it out. I must say that the
performance here was worse than with the current stable driver. So I
downgraded again...

> 2) Set the following options:
> $ nvidia-settings -a InitialPixmapPlacement=2 -a GlyphCache=1

Indeed the InitialPixmapPlacemant setting makes a huge difference on resizing
windows. The GlyphCache setting didn't work here though...

> - OpenGL mode: Shared Memory

Haven't tried this so far... Thanks for the hint.

Regards,
Michael