List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: api.kde.org News
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2008-07-12 22:21:46

Quoting Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>:

> On Saturday 12 July 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Try finding KIO::Job.
>>
>> That one is easy.
>>
>> Alt+F2: "kde:job". You get redirected to:
>> http://api.kde.org/classmapper.php?class=job
>>
>> Click on "job in KIO::Job,kdelibs-4.x".
>
> This is still not the same, since for example the "class" template
> on techbase
> also uses the classmapper and therefore can't be used to linkt directly to
> the correct Job.
>
> Anyway, just for everybody's information, I asked about this in personal mail
> about a month ago and the people invovled said that they are aware of the
> issue but just currently don't have any time left to work on it.

Yes, it's all my fault :-(

I developed the "advanced search" available at api.kde.org and it
worked quite well (it even accepted regular expressions!) save for it
does not support namespaces.

Actually, it's not difficult to implement namespace search, but
setting up my machine to mimic api.kde.org requires some time and
effort and I never find the time to do that.

I'm moving that up in my to-do list.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org