List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Dynamically generating service menus
From:       "Grzegorz Kamola" <grzegorz.kamola () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-08 9:23:43

Hi,

> I'm trying to create a dynamic service menu for dolphin. Think of it
> like a "Send file to >" menu-item which opens a sub-menu with a list of
> currently online contacts in my IM client.

please consider:

1) If you want to send file for a person from contact list, it is imho
easier to drag file and drop on contact. Some additional options are
needed in order to make this menu different/better.
2) Some people are often in "invisible" state and it should be
possible to select them from menu. Obviously displaying all contacts
is not the solution. That's why some kind of menu configuration will
be helpful.
3) Menu could also work with contacts not only from IM client. If you
have some important customers you may want to send them sth by e-mail,
not kopete. It would be great to select the preferred way of contact
for each.

These are just my suggestions, however your idea sounds great. Way to go.

--
Regards
Grzegorz Kamola