List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Dynamically generating service menus
From:       Ruben Vandamme <vandamme.ruben () belgacom ! net>
Date:       2008-07-07 11:51:36

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dynamic service menu for dolphin. Think of it
like a "Send file to >" menu-item which opens a sub-menu with a list of
currently online contacts in my IM client. That list has to be
dynamically generated (with data received through DBus). However I
cannot find any tutorial/specification/examples which create a service
menu dynamically. They all describe static menus.

Is there a way to do the above (create dynamic service menus) or will I
have to create some sort of dialog which lists the contacts?
NB: my problem is _not_ how to get the data through DBus or how to
create simple service menus, that's all working already.

Thanks

Ruben