List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Sound Notifcation
From:       "David Boosalis" <david.boosalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-05 20:26:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

I have a rather simple request to generate a sound.  I wanted to use
something more then the beep, andd was wondering how one does this.  I've
looked at KNotification, in KLibrary, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of
controls here.  I see in KDEBase there is a class KNotifyBySound class but I
am not sure how to specify the sound value.

Say I want the sound of breaking glass (yeh very irritating) Is there a
simple way to generate this sound though one of these classes mentioned
above or some other class.  It would be nice if I can find some predefined
enum, instead of lading the sound file myself.

Thanks for any help

David