List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 'Leave message' option for krunner_lock
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-14 9:32:31

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:16:05PM +0200, Robert Zwerus wrote:
> Does anybody have comments?

yes ... the krunner_lock maintainer (well, one of two, basically):

in principle, the idea is good.

having it clear the clipboard + primary selection is a no-go - i'd be
*quite* pissed of by that. try to find a way to buffer the contents and
restore them.

architecturally, everything in me screams "nooooo!!!!". as mentioned by
somebody else, we have a soc student working on a generic solution to
this and similar problems. the "post-it" application is an explicitly
named use case. so i would prefer it if this code lives on in the branch
until it gets obsoleted upstream. not sure what others think.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.