List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple request
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2008-06-13 18:19:43

On Friday 13 June 2008 11:06:30 am alpha_one_x86 wrote:
> > the software we ship works well together and forms a unified whole, due
> > to using kdelibs functionality. KDE4 apps work on mac and windows
> > natively as well. in any case, using kde functionality is a baseline for
> > being included in a kde release.
>
> If I use kdelib in my project I can just include the .dll for the
> windows version for work without kde framework?
> Because I want that's the user can be run my projet alone for simply and
> quickly do theirs copy without load all kde libs and deamon.

If your application is "stand alone", and not intended to be used with the KDE
environment, then you may want to make it a plain Qt4 application. The KDE
libraries will give you desktop integration, common menus and dialogs, and
additional widgets and features. If you do not need any of those, then I
would stay with Qt4. IMHO.

On the other hand, if you want it to be a "full citizen" KDE application on
Unix, but standalone on Windows, then you can indeed include the various
kdelib dlls. Alternatively, you write your code so that it can build as
either qt-only or KDE application. This takes a bit more work, however.

--
David Johnson