List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: apologies
From:       "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff () comcast ! net>
Date:       2008-06-11 2:16:45

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 17:51:17 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> David Johnson wrote:
> > I must apologize for my involvement in that other thread. It was never my
> > intention to offend anyone or impune their work. I sometimes have the bad
> > habit of typing faster than I can read. I do greatly appreciate the hard
> > work and dedication other developers devote to KDE, and any tiny
> > disatisfactions I may occassionally express should never be taken as
> > signs of ingratitude.
> >
> > Again, my sincere apologies
>
> Yes, me too.  Such arguments almost always get out of hand and it is up
> to all of us to prevent this from happening.
>
> The Plasma team has done a lot of good work.  The fact that it still
> needs more work should not diminish the worth of their effort so far.
>
> If I didn't make it clear, I like much of what they have done.  While
> complaining, and criticizing about little things, we tend to loose sight
> of the big picture.

While I am not a fan of the visual components/implementation of plasma, I have
no doubt that to underlying architecture is quite robust, sound, and
flexible.  I am sure it will serve KDE well in the years to come.  My biggest
issue thus far is the bullying.

I am going to look into implementing kde 3 features in playground this
weekend.  That seems like the right approach.  At least that would give us
the option of releasing patched code, if needed.

--Mark