On Tuesday 10 June 2008 04:53:26 Jason Stubbs wrote: > I've mostly ignored this thread, but after reading a couple of random > replies I figured yours needs replying too. I'm sure there are many others > more like it, but yours is just the one I came across. > > As far as my knowledge goes, the ability (read: visible configuration) to > use any containment plasmoid in the "root window" is on the road map for > 4.2. There aren't any blockers to creating a set of KDE3-emulating desktop > and panel plasmoids. > > And yes, you are fine to "start screwing with plasma to reimplement missing > desktop features". Just do it in playground. When it becomes ready, it'll > do the rounds and could possibly even end up in the base packages. > > The point of plasma is not to force you to use a single panel/desktop but > is actually the complete opposite. Thank you Jason. :-) That sounds like a great idea. I'll check into that this weekend. Regards, Mark >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<