List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to start a KDE service
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-06-10 12:05:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 June 2008, David Boosalis wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Kevin.
> My follow up question is about services as defined in
> kde/share/dbus/services.  Would you or anyone know how we start them.

I don't have such a directory, where did you get it from?

If you want to add an additional directory to the search path for D-Bus
activation, you can extend the XDG_DATA_DIRS variable accordingly, the
default (if unset or empty) being /usr/local/share:/usr/share

This variable needs to be set to whatever value you want before the D-Bus
session bus/daemon gets started, so the correct value is part of its
environment as well.

Cheers,
Kevin