There is unfortunatly evil people everywhere :) specially on earth and nowadays Kde4 b1 is working really wonderfully thought it's a b1 I just reinstalled a clean kde4 remix and updated it without any problems though i am on 64 bits :) thanks all people who have made this wonderfull desktop ... I started in 1995 when i looked back so many improvment i am really amazed and seeing where they will go in future :) Anne Wilson a écrit : > On Tuesday 10 June 2008 01:42:42 Christopher Blauvelt wrote: > >> Then write it, or pay someone to do it. In the mean time, you could just >> say "Thank You." for the literally thousands of man-hours that an almost >> all volunteer group has put into making a new and featureful desktop. If >> all you're going to do is complain, which is exactly what you're doing, >> then either keep your comments to yourself or go check out CDE. They have >> a beautiful traditional desktop that I'm sure you'll be very comfortable >> with. >> > > Threads like this do depress. Still, it's human nature to resist change, so > don't let it get you down. > > I was surprised at the comment about stability. I've got 4.0.4 running on a > *very* underpowered 6-year-old laptop. Sometimes I have to wait a bit for > things to happen, but its stability has amazed me. I don't recall any > crashes apart from when I have forgotten which laptop I'm on and asked for > several things to run at once, which the laptop can't support. On a more > modern box, I've had 4.0.x for a good while, and that seems totally stable. > > Of course I'm looking forward to things to come, but I'm more realistic than > many people writing in this thread. > > Anne > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << >>> >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<