List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-09 23:45:39

On Monday 09 June 2008 23:33:08 Mark A. Taff wrote:

> Here's a real suggestion: give us back our Desktops!

I'm wiling to bet you haven't actually used folder view on a day-to-day basis
yet. No-one has set in stone that that is how a Desktop should work, it's
just a tradition. You'll get used to it very quickly.

With the attitude the people posting here seem to have KDE won't have any
changes, and by the time we reach KDE 7 it will look and act identical to how
KDE3 works.

Anyway, I'm finding this whole topic rather depressing and I haven't put
anywhere near as much time and effort as many of the people on this list
have. I thought I'd find brighten up this thread by posting some of the
feeback I've heard about KDE4 from the Forum I'm on (Loughborough Computer
Society)

  "Wow. KDE4 is pretty much the best thing ever"
  "That folder widget thing is pretty cool, will stop my desktop being quite
so messy ;-)"
  "I'm pretty much decided that I want it..." <-- This was from a Mac user.