List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2008-06-09 23:26:38

On Monday 09 June 2008 12:00:06 am Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> so yes, i'm not stupid in the head. i know what you mean and i'm telling
> you: it's not a box in the corner when it's used as the containment, in
> fact it works the same way kdesktop did in that case.

I spent some more time with a folderview. I must be stupid in the head,
because no amount of poking or prodding would make it act like the old
KDesktop. I tried to resize it so it fit the screen, and then it started to
resemble the old way. But it was too difficult to size it correctly, and I
could find no way to get rid of the translucent black background. I suppose
it I could write an "invisible" plasma theme, but that just doesn't feel like
the "right solution. Is there a "use as containment" configuration item I
should have used? I looked and looked but could not find one.

Now before you get all pissy on me again, I am not criticizing you as a
person. I do see that the new way of doing things can be an improvement over
what someone else has called the "80ies" GUI. But sarcastic replies do
nothing to sell the concept to me.

--
David Johnson