List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       "Parker Coates" <parker.coates () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-09 22:20:54

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 16:42, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> There is a general complaint here.  Drag settings are not a substitute
>> for a spin box and/or a radio.
>
> and why exactly? if the answer is, "because i'd like to achieve certain well
> known 'good' sizes for icons" then the real answer is "then we provide
> 'sticky' points during resize that correspond to those points".

The current drag resizing method is great, but one place it is lacking
is when trying to set two panels to have the same height. On a
multihead system it usually makes sense to use the exact same size for
all panels, but with dragging it's tough to get them to the exact
pixel value. Maybe this too could be solved with "sticky" points.

Parker